Postgraduate Degrees in Orthopaedics & Sports Trauma
This new part-time distance learning course is aimed at postgraduate medical doctors and physiotherapists wishing to further their assessment and management of patients with complex sports and orthopaedic disorders.
The course comprises Postgraduate Certificates, which can be taken in modules (Biomechanics, Upper Limb, Lower Limb, Spine and Paediatrics). This can be advanced to a full MSc. degree, MD and PhD.
Emphasis is on:
- Clinical assessment of complex upper and lower limb disorders
- Differential diagnosis
- Principles of non-operative management
- Diagnostic investigations (x-ray, MSK ultrasound etc)
- Principles of surgical management, including pre and post-operative care
- Post-operative Rehabilitation strategies
- Principles of splinting and orthotics
- Sports injury related disorders
- Surgery and rehabilitation of the athlete
For more information see the Salford University website